|There are hundreds of thousands of users without any edits. It is widely accepted (but not required!) that users with no edits should not be welcomed to save on server resources and also because most templates start with "Thank you for your Contributions" (or similar). Furthermore, until edits are made, it's impossible to determine if the user has bad intentions, and created the account purposely to vandalize Wikipedia.|
কোথায় নতুন ব্যবহারকারীকে খুঁজবেনসম্পাদনা
এখানে নতুন ব্যবহারকারী খোঁজার কিছু পদ্ধতি:
- চেক করুন উইকিপিডিয়ার নতুন একাউন্ট সৃষ্টির লগ – this is especially useful with a quick link to their talk page, as well as an "at-a-glance" sign to tell if they've probably been welcomed already: their talk page isn't red linked!
- চেক করুন নতুন ব্যবহারকারীর অবদান পাতা and help newbies contribute if they are having trouble.
- New users can frequently be found seeking help at the New contributors' help page and Requests for feedback.
- You will no doubt come across new users as you work on Wikipedia. You may spot them in the edit histories of pages or on talk pages. If a user's signature or username is in red, that indicates that he or she doesn't have a user page set up yet. That means they are very likely (but not always) a new user. Check their talk page to see if they've already been greeted (though there's no harm in greeting a new user again; you can always say "hi", and offer your assistance).
- Check the recent changes. If there is a new user, it will say as an edit summary: (New user account). These users will also be on the account creation log. You can then click on the red linked talk page and then greet them. This is also helpful if you are looking for newbies, vandalism, etc.
- Snuggle displays users who have registered within the past month. The list can be sorted in date order. It provides an overview of messages on their talk page, and quick access to their talk page and list of contributions.